Do you have a gym bag? If you say no, I am judging you. Having a bag to bring with you can make all of the difference in the world. Do you want to pay the high costs of needing to get a simple drink? I didn’t think so, best of all, these bags are easy to find. I would choose a bag with more durable straps, but that is just my opinion, they seem to make it easier for carrying around. If you do choose flimsier straps, the moment that your bag flies free and smashes on the floor, everyone will know it.
Being in a busy part of the subway, only to have sweats and supplement fly everywhere is agonizing. Getting a gym bag that is as strong as you, with think sturdy shoulder straps will keep all contents contained. If you are pickier than others, choosing to get a bag that has more compartments for carrying would serve you well. For those who have to customize every item of apparel that they come into contact with, there are an insane color and pattern choices for you to make. Women may want to get gym bags that are floral patterned and pink, while the men could pick a bag that is plain, with no girly patterns. Once you have said bag all empty and ready to be taken care of, here is what I would put into mine, as listed ahead.
1. Water Bottle -This is more of a safety tip but you should also have this in your bag because it’s just good for you. Don’t go cheap with the bottle/cup that you use. I have gotten deals on a cheaply-made shaker cup, only to have it leak in my bag, ruining all of my clothes.
2. An Extra Set of Clothes – What would happen, if you were needing to be somewhere, only to be stranded because you have nothing to dress up in? Bringing an extra shirt and pair of shorts can get you out of many tricky situations. Have you ever spilled a smoothie you got, after hopping into your car? Another scenario that you don’t want to run into is being stuck with only the stinky clothes you had from the previous outing. Especially if you are wanting to impress someone special while you are exercising, you can kiss that goodbye in clothes that are riddled with the smell of body odor. I will be told that I’m weird for wanting to have an extra change of clothes, it doesn’t bother me. I’d much rather be prepared in case of a spill, than sitting in stained workout wear.
3. Extra Set of Headphones – The earpiece, something that you will be left without, at the worst possible time. Fear not, get a cheap backup pair of headphones and you can ensure that you will never have to exercise in silence.
4. Deodorizer – Albeit, not the easy selection to make, as it doesn’t have much to do with your actual training, having a substance to keep your bag smelling fresh should always be a priority. Smells can take over your bag and their odor can linger into your car and house.
5. Extra Bag Straps – I’ve covered this one earlier but I need to stress how important that it is. Always carry another set of straps for your bag, if the old one goes, it could potentially ruin everything that is inside.